This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Friday 10 March 2017

Wood Pallets and Vertical Planting

I love all the amazing projects using old (and new) wood pallets, like these vertical planters. So creative! Quite eye catching! And quite easy and fun to make.

Photo left, and most of those below, were taken at 'Bloom' garden show in Dublin (what a fantastic annual garden show - highly recommended.) They have inspired me to make my own vertical planter for the garden - however its now in winter hibernation and needs some TLC in the coming months before I freshen it up.


Above: My own little wood pallet planter made very easily and quickly (photo taken early summer), and easy to hang on an existing sturdy fence panel. The trailing petunia filled out over the summer and looked really good.



What a great way to recycle an old drinks crate!

Copyright: All words and photos are property of Kelli's Northern Ireland Garden.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how they would keep the crate watered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see you back, Kellie. I figured that you had taken the winter off. I always look forward to reading about how you start you plants inside, which we have turned over to our daughter. I hope Egretta is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kelli. A great idea the pallets as vertical gardens. Prevent the humidity
    frequent in your climate and in mine. Apologies for my poor english.
    Greetings from Galicia.

    ReplyDelete