This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Friday 27 August 2010

Pepper (California Wonder)

I love growing from seed rather than buying plants in shops. This year I'm growing peppers for the first time. Sown in May/June indoors in a conservatory/glass house, they turned out quite easy to germinate & grow! The plants have small peppers aleady; I'm hoping for a good harvest before it gets too cold. (Not sure if i was supposed to pinch off growing shoots like tomatoes???)

Photo taken 10 Aug 2010.

Variety: Pepper California Wonder by Thompson & Morgan, 30 seeds, £1.50 per pack.

1 comment:

  1. Your peppers look healthy and I see blooms! I like the little container they are in---so cute. It will soon be time to put out the winter garden in Florida--planting time is Sept. Maybe I will try peppers from seeds, too.

    ReplyDelete