Happy New Year - here's hoping 2013 is a fantastic year for you and a really productive growing year!
I've been thinking about what I'd like to improve on and achieve in the garden this year. Initial thoughts include:
- less slugs and snails in the garden (if that's possible);
- continue to grow organically;
- more vegetables especially carrots as I really enjoyed their flavour this year;
- succeed at growing something new e.g. kohlrabi, asparagus;
- more colour in the garden using perennials and annuals.
- and a more tidy and productive garden (than the year before).
Well quite a bit on my wish list and lots of work cut out for me this year. I don't generally start working in the garden until March so January and February are months for planning, reading, and doing small jobs outside when the whether is good.
Hope you're getting on well with any plans for 2013 and will be sharing them on your blog! I learn a great deal from reading other garden blogs so thanks everyone for sharing your photos, tips, stories and dilemmas, etc. Hope 2013 is a really good year... for us all!
Copyright: All words and photos are property of Kelli's Northern Ireland Garden.