This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Friday 3 July 2015

Bloom Garden Show Dublin

'Goal Global' garden (Gold) designed by Joan Mallon.
Recently I attended Ireland's largest garden show 'Bloom' in Dublin. I think the show is in its 9th year however this is the first time I attended.

It was a fab show and I was very impressed. There were lots of design gardens, lots of stalls from food to crafts, and lots of entertainment. I think this is now my favourite show. In my view, it was just as good as Chelsea with added benefit of feeling fun and family oriented. Here are a few features from my visit.... 
A show garden called 'Water in the Air; featured copper wire fish sculptures hanging from trees. It was awarded a Silver Medal.


This garden had a cottage feel and a romantic flair, sponsored by Irish Country Garden and designed by Fiann O'Nuallain and Lisa Kelly. It was Gold standard in every aspect, and had many practical features that could be incorporated into any garden. One of my favourite gardens in the show.

This garden, designed by Fiann O'Nuallain, is a 'healing' garden with herbs that could be used for medicinal purposes. It achieved a Silver Medal in the small garden category.

This Gold Medal garden, by Alan Rudden, was lovely but expensive. Suppose that's to be expected in the Premium Garden Category.
I opted for a two-day pass and really enjoyed all the festivities of the show. Think this will become an annual trip! More info the Dublin garden show can be viewed by clicking here.


Copyright: All words and photos are property of Kelli's Northern Ireland Garden.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to seek inspiration from gardens like that, but most people would not be able to replicate them, due mainly to the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I should meet you there next summer. I have always wanted to attend Chelsea, but am very intimidated by navigating London. I hate the Tube, more the idea of traveling underground. Dublin, other than having streets that run at odd angles is much easier to navigate. I will add this flower show to my I want to do list. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some amazing gardens there. Great inspiration! If only I had the time... :)

    ReplyDelete