This is the journal of my endeavours to grow a range of fruit, veg and flowers from seed, grow organically, and my attempts to create a personal paradise with 1/2 acre of maintained gardens and 1/2 acre wild meadows. Northern Ireland's average daily high temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) in July and 6 °C (43 °F) in January. Soil type: Clay

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Blogger's Bloom Day

Here's what's blooming...
L to R: Aquilegia still going strong: Poached Egg Plant (Limnanthes Douglassii); Coriander in flower, Rose (I think this is Arthur Bell).

L to R: Wild Foxglove first two photos; Geranium; Lupin
L to R: Geranium pink and purple; Aquilegia top R and bottom L; Rhododendron (I think).
At front Delphinium - in years past the flowers were more striking (taller and bigger flowers) - suppose it's true that delphinium need replaced after several years. In the background, the lupins are still flowering but will soon be finished.

Grown from seed: Aquilegia, Poached Egg Plant (Limnanthes Douglassii), Coriander , Lupin, Delphinium.
Self seeded: Wild foxglove.

More on Bloom Day: http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/

14 comments:

  1. What beautiful blooms you are sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful garden. I like the delphiniums and only wish I could grow them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Especially like the Delphiniums.
    Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have bedazzled me with you lovely blooms today:). I hope that my foxglove will bloom like yours but something keep on nipping on the seedlings. Is aquilegia treated as perennial at your place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another great blog... my first visit to you and truly a pleasure! Thank you... Larry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you put the flowers in color blocks. A very nice post. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could grow the Delphs. Foxgloves do OK here. Your garden looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have a good amount of colour in your garden right now. Mine is mostly green! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colour combinations. It also reminded me that I was going to sow some poached egg plants to get the Hover flies into the garden. There's a walled garden near us called Pitmuies. They have a whole long border full of delphiniums and some of these are pretty old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful post...I am totally going to try growing Delphiniums next year...so glorious...even if I have to replace them after a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my gosh - it looks beautiful! That last picture is absolutely gorgeous! You have a lot of blooms right now - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful. Loved your photo collages ... perfect for a GBBD post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning pictures! A belated Happy GBBD to you!

    ReplyDelete